2010 has been a fantastic one, and I'm so happy to emerge from it just barely singed.
1. Got married in May!—planning the wedding for the first half of the year was a little nerve-racking, but once it was over and we got to relax, married life took on a wonderful pattern.
2. Sold my freaking book! This had to be the achievement of the year for me (sorry, hubby, I meant SECOND greatest achievement of the year). The mania that ensued was simultaneously overwhelming and overjoying.
3. Met all my writing goals, finishing the first draft of my YA novel and nearly completing a second book in the series of contemporary romance. I even placed first in the TRW contest, which was an added bonus!
4. Opened up my website! It'll get a revamping in 2011, but I finally bit the bullet and bought my domain name and everything!
With so much completed in 2010, how can I top myself in 2011? I don't usually set goals, but I'm determined to:
1. Get an agent. I have a fantasy YA novel to sell! No vampires, I promise!
2. Survive my book launch: Her Son's Hero is coming out July 2011, and I hope to throw a little shindig or something. Guess I'll have to practice writing my signature, too.
3. Finish my next book, and complete a submittable MS for the third (which was technically already written, but I'm going to rewrite it completely.)
4. Complete a submittable draft of my YA novel (it's nearly there. I'm polishing it as much as I can.)
Other goals? More exercise, finish reading Gone with the Wind, maybe watching more movies...but I've discovered those kinds of resolutions fall by the wayside when I have writing to do....
Got goals? Share 'em in the comments!